John 10:10 – A thief comes to steal and kill and destroy, but I came to give life — life in all its fullness. (NCV)
John 15:3 – You are already clean because of the words I have spoken to you. (NCV)
The directions on the blue and yellow spray can promise us that it:
- Lubricates (helps things to run more smoothly)
- Cleans (removes dirt, adhesives, and much more)
- Protects (against rust and corrosion)
- Penetrates (infiltrates)
- Displaces moisture (restores)
This is much like what God does with us when we enter a relationship with Him through His Son, Jesus:
- He lubricates us, helping to make our attitudes run more smoothly.
- He cleans and convicts us of all wrongs and removes anything that clings to us that is not of Him.
- He protects us, by way of His Son, Jesus Christ, by giving us His eternal life, a life acceptable to Him, instead of a sentence of eternal death.
- He penetrates our hearts and souls in order to preserve us, so that we can spend eternity with Him.
- He displaces or dislodges the wrongs in us (attitudes or actions) and fills us with His love, truth, and integrity.
Dirt is so easily attracted. Sometimes the harder we try to keep ourselves, our clothes, or our hearts clean, the more likely it is that we’ll be stained in some way. We can easily shower our bodies and launder all our dirty clothes to wash away the dirt, but it is difficult to change our attitudes and become more forgiving. Only God can change us completely. He erases the guilt of mistakes, encourages us to see only the best in people, and leads us along new paths in our lives — places that we would never have thought ourselves capable of walking. He gives us the strength to accomplish much more than we could possibly dream of, because only He knows what and who we should be. Only He can lubricate our lives, cleanse us, protect us, penetrate to our heart (our core), and displace anything that would spoil our chance to spend eternity with Him.
Romans 12:2 – Do not be shaped by this world; instead be changed within by a new way of thinking. Then you will be able to decide what God wants for you; you will know what is good and pleasing to him and what is perfect. (NCV)
Prayer: Father, we want to be made whole and in good working order, so please come into our hearts, minds, bodies, and spirits, and lubricate us with Your grace and love. We pray this in the precious name of Jesus Christ. Amen